The sight of a stainless tea kettle reminds us of tea in the afternoon with a friendly aunt. The sound of a kettle whistle would slightly interrupt a pleasant conversation, and then tea would be served. At times the stainless tea kettle would be placed on a table nearby where the people were sitting so it could be easily lifted for refills. Depending on the size and design, these stainless tea kettles are generally inexpensive and value for money wise, they do last a long time.
These days, stainless tea kettles have become hip and trendy in design and fashion. The highly collectible designs can go for as much as 200 to 300 dollars.
Here are some samples of stainless tea kettles that are masterfully designed:
- Alessi Signature Kettle with Bird Whistle. Designed by Michael Graves in 1985, this piece has a unique feature of having a plastic bird molding covering the spout of the kettle. Originally with a brown bird molding and a blue plastic molding, there are now two different versions: one black and the other white.
- The Alessi Tea Kettle by Frank Gehry. Designed in 1992 by the reknowned artist himself, its unique shape resembling a football cut in half and with handle and whistle done in mahogany could carry a quart and 29 ounces.
- IL Conico Tea Kettle by Aldo Rossi for Alessi. As the name implies, it is shaped like a cone resembling the cap of the tin man in the Wizard of Oz, this piece is done in polished steel.
- Alessi Fruit Basket Teapot by Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa. This piece is done in 18/10 stainless steel, and is shaped like a fruit basket with a mirror polish.
- Eva Trio Water Kettle by Ole Palsby is made of imperishable 18/10 stainless steel with a robust thermal bottom that evens out heat distribution. It has a pouring rim and handles that go over the top of the kettle and not on its side.
- The Lucido and Satinato Whistling Kettles by Serafino Zani are Italian made and have their signature coil handles. They are able to handle almost 2 liters of water.
These are but some of the trendy stainless tea kettles that can be found and purchased online these days. These kettles do not only act as a piece of furniture for the kitchen and dining but can also be a piece of collectible because there are those that can be bought that are made of delicate and exquisite designs and materials.
Finally, all the information you need on finding a fantastic pink tea kettle. Check out how cool pink, blue, or yellow stainless steal tea kettles will look in your kitchen.