Stainless Steel 304
Type stainless steel 304 comes under category of 300 Series Stainless Steel austenitic. It has a alloy composition of 18% chromium and 8% nickel, combined with a maximum of 0.08% carbon. It is defined as a family of Chromium-Nickel austenitic alloy.
It is still sometimes known by its old name 18/8 which is derived because of its alloy composition of type 304 being 18% chromium and 8% nickel. it is mainly versatile and most extensively used stainless steel, available in a various range of products, forms and finishes than any other alloys or metal. It has brilliant forming and welding characteristics. The fair austenitic structure of Grade 304 allow it to be rigorously deep drawn without halfway annealing, which has made this grade prevailing in the manufacture of drawn stainless parts such as Stainless Steel Pipes, and pipe fittings. Grade 304 can be easily brake or roll formed into a range of products for applications in the industrial, architectural, and construction fields.
Stainless steel grade 1.4301 and 1.4307 are also branded as grades 304 and 304L respectively. Type 304 is the most adaptable and widely used stainless steel. It is still sometimes known by its old name 18/8 which is derived because of its alloy composition of type 304 being 18% chromium and 8% nickel.
Characteristics of Stainless Steel 304 Grade:
- stainless steel 304 has a Deep drawing quality
- Stainless Steel 304 has a Forming and welding properties
- E Stainless Steel 304 has a xcellent toughness
- Stainless Steel 304 Ease of cleaning, ease of fabrication, beauty of appearance.
Applications of Stainless Steel 304 Grade:
It is used for a wide range of home and industrial applications, this is one of the most familiar and most commonly used alloys in the stainless steel family.
Typical usage includes containers, Boiler and tanks for a large variety of liquids and solids:
- Food industry-particularly in beer brewing, milk processing & wine making, Food processing equipment.
For example it is highly appropriate and useful in dairy equipment like as milking machines, sterilizers, containers, homogenizers, and storage and hauling tanks, railroad cars, piping, milk trucks andvalves.
Very ordinary in the brewing industry where it is used in yeast pans, railway cars, pipelines, fermentation vats, storage and etc.
The citrus and fruit juice industry also make use of Type stainless steel 304 for all their crushing, handling, preparation, storage and hauling equipment.
- stainless steel 304 has a application in Domestic tools industry
Because of its capability to resist the corrosive action of various acids originate in meats, fruits, milk, and vegetables, stainless steel 304 is used for tabletops, sinks, stoves, refrigerators coffee urns, milk and cream dispensers, and steam tables. It is also used in several other utensils such as cooking appliances, flatware, pots and pans.
- stainless steel 304 has a applicant for Chemical containers, including for transport
- Stainless Steel 304 has a applicant for making Heat Exchangers
- Stainless Steel 304 has a applicant for making Woven or welded screens for mining, quarrying & water filtration